In our house, Christmas really is all about the children, about spoiling them with gifts, love, treats and yummy food, whilst making the memories we hope they will hold forever.
That being said it doesn’t hurt to get a little Christmas treat for ourselves does it? After all are we not all big kids at heart?? And I don’t know about you, but I don’t mind having a few Christmas Presents under the tree for myself too! So with that in mind I have compiled a list of fab things that I think would make great Christmas presents for us adults, in the hope of inspiring a few of you, especially by sharing some fabulous small business. But not only that, it will be quite helpful for my husband to help inspire him as to what to get me!!
1. First up is jewellery from Lunar Moth Jewellery. I have always been a fan of her work and have followed her over on Instagram for quite a while. She hand makes every piece of jewellery making it unique and stylish for everyday wear. In Fact this one is a little bit of a cheat as I have already ordered myself one of her necklaces for john to wrap up from the children. I really liked one of her designs but asked her to incorporate an extra silver loop which she did and said was no trouble at all. I love that she can make everything bespoke for you and your taste. It is also really reasonably priced with most silver necklaces around the £25 mark.
2. Little Willow Arch illustrations will put a smile on anybody’s face, especially the personalised versions of their prints. Nearly all of Jo’s work can be personalised to make the gift that bit more special. Below I have shown a small selection of her work, all of which can be bought at is or can be personalised such as the teacher print, this can have the teachers name added to it for that extra personal touch. My favourite of all these though has to be the beautiful family Welly Print she has done for us, this makes such a lovely gift for pretty much anybody! I love the added pet paw prints and the designs and prints can be customised to suit each member of your family. The family welly boot Prints are from £20 which come mounted, so I think a super reasonable priced gift that anyone would love to open! And if you are not quite sure which print your loved one would want, she even does gift vouchers.
3. Another favourite Christmas (or any time) treat has to be chocolate! Again supporting another small independent business is Diggle Chocolate, where Phillipa Diggle hand makes every extraordinary chocolate. She has some amazing designs and flavours available and nothing is too much trouble. She makes the most amazing jewelled chocolates and if you are after something bespoke she can work with you to make something extra special. She has chocolates and gift sets to fit all budgets, but expect to pay around £20 for a box of something special!
4. Candles!! Who doesn’t love a beautifully scented candle that’s also pretty special to look at?? Illumer has the most beautiful ranges of luxury candles that make the perfect gift for anyone. They even come so beautifully packaged and have their own drawstring bag to live in until you decide to use it. My only issue with this type of candle is that I always feel they are too nice to light and want to just keep them! A bonus to this is that the scent it gives off even not lit fills the room with a beautiful aroma. They have a few ranges but this one is my favourite, they have a range beautiful quotes to choose from in this collection that look beautiful when lit up. Prices vary from each range and size but for one as beautiful as this prices start from £18.
5. The Night Sky poster is a beautiful personalised gift that I think could make a really meaningful thoughtful present as its is tailor-made for a special moment that you want to remember. You can choose any date, time and location and the team at The Night Sky will create a bespoke A2 print that shows what the night sky looked like at that very moment. Therefore making this an ideal present for so many occasions, such as; the moment your children born, wedding or anniversary dates, the moment you met etc. They have given me the discount code NIGHTSKY30 to give you lovely lot 30% off any orders placed making them a bit more of a bargain! This is one of those presents that im really looking forward to the recipient opening this year as I really think (and hope!) they will love it.
6. Art Prints, Alex Ebdon is a wonderful artist who makes some unusual funky design art and prints, as they believe “the walls of our homes are places we should express who we are and what we love, to inspire us daily”. Here is a little peek at a little range of the work they do, including; one of their ‘poetic floral’ prints and two of the Vintage Playing Card Prints, these can be personalised with names or quotes also, here she has kindly sent one with my little ones names on and it’s already on the wall! You can either buy direct from Alex or see her work through Not on the High Street. Her prices vary but she is also happy to work with you on bespoke projects and on your budget.
7. Flowers! Who wouldn’t love a monthly subscription of beautiful blooms landing on their doorstep every month? And if you wanted to support a small business where one florist personally hand selects, packs and adds the finishing touches to your bouquet, then Victoriana Floral is the place to go! They have just launched their very own letterbox flowers so their stunning floral designs can be sent anywhere in the UK, prices start from £33 including delivery. These make truly special thoughtful gifts for so many occasions, that can be enjoyed all year round. The bouquet pictured is their beautiful ‘Jewel’ range, they have three other colour schemes and designs to choose from also.
8. OMGLDN do the most amazing personalised gifts with your photos and gold! Jade who owns and runs this amazing small business as a one man band really works hard to make you a personalised portrait to treasure from any photos you love and want to put up on the wall in a new unusual way. Her prices start from as little as £5 so can seriously make some fabulous stocking fillers for pretty much anyone. Her prints can be done in a variety of metallic finishes and colours if traditional gold is not your taste. Here is one she has made for John that Grace will be giving her daddy on Christmas morning. I love the combing of our everyday pictures and memories into amazing artwork.
9. Planners and Diaries are always super handy for everyone, and my absolute favourite has to be the Coco Planner by Rebecca Kathryn. Not only are they super stylish in either a classic striped design or a modern floral print, they are so detailed that you will be sure to have your life organised and in order for the new year! At £25 it is slightly more expensive than your average diary but that’s exactly what it isn’t. It has so many extras such as goal setting pages, hourly plans for the day, that it is designed to help you be more organised in day-to-day life that you have more times to do the things you want and need to.
10. Beer! I think alcohol is always going to be a great shout when it comes to an adult gift guide, and the added bonus with this one is it’s the Best Of British Beer company so gives me the chance to champion a small business promoting some of our amazing British products. Their Christmas Gift set ranges start from only £13.50 making it affordable to support some of our British Breweries. My favourite gift set is this Craft Box beer Set which comes in an unusual book spine themed box, where they have thought of witty book names to adorn it, it’s also great as you can customise which beers you would like in the box, so if someone prefers certain types and tastes, the entire box is going to be a hit! If beer isnt your thing, they even stock gin and boozy baubles!!